Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Platinum Professional Bakeware

9:03 pm
I frosted and decorated 40 cookies. They have to sit for 4 hours in order for the frosting to set. Sprinkling was much harder than I thought. I had to shake the red sprinkles really really hard and hit the cookie at least 10 for anything to come out!

8:22 pm
I tried the "Candy Cane" but it wasn't coming out. So after 5 attempts I tried the "Wreath". Surprising started sticking to the pan perfectly. The only problem now is the shapes DO NOT hold their SHAPES after the are baked!

The "Camels" though they looked great when I pressed them are nothing but a lop-sided
blob after they are baked. Still they can be decorated but look nothing like the box!! Maybe I used the wrong "butter"? Maybe the 325 should be set to 350? I will have to double check!

8:00 pm
When I got back from the store and started using the new Platinum Professional Bakeware cookie sheets they started coming out perfect! But I think it has to do with the batter thawing. These Thick Aluminized Steel from the World's Largest manufacture of industrial bakeware.

I really liked the Corrugated surface. Corrugated surface allows maximizes strength and impact resistances. But Oops! I didn't wash before first use.

7:30 pm
I had a sneaking suspicion the cookie sheet I was using needed to be replaced. While it was clean, was it suppose to really be black? I don't know if it was black through over use and I'm not going to scratch my head wondering.